1. TYPE OF DOCUMENT (Check one):
___ Press release
___ Parliamentary record
___ Census report
2. UNIQUE PHYSICAL QUALITIES OF THE DOCUMENT (Check one or more):
___ Interesting letterhead
___ "RECEIVED" stamp
3. DATE(S) OF DOCUMENT:
4. AUTHOR (OR CREATOR) OF THE DOCUMENT (Include Position or Title):
5. FOR WHAT AUDIENCE WAS THE DOCUMENT WRITTEN?
6. DOCUMENT INFORMATION (There are many possible ways to answer A-E.)
A. List three things the author said that you think are important:
B. Why do you think this document was written?
C. What evidence in the document helps you know why it was written? Quote from the document.
D. List two things the document tells you about life in South Africa at the time it was written:
E. Write a question to the author that is left unanswered by the document:
Adapted from worksheet designed and developed by the Education Staff, National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, DC 20408 (with permission).